Enter Your Film/Video
Fill out the online entry form and upload your video here . If your video is accepted, it will be posted here and on YouTube
The Fine Print:
▪ The InSight Film Festival competition is open to all United Methodist youth groups anywhere in the world. Your group must be sponsored by a church and have an adult leader. Only groups can submit a film.
▪ Your group's video must have a connection to the themes of faith or spirituality. (This can include the topics of social justice, personal development and so on.)
▪ Your project must be a 30 or 60 second faith-based "commercial". Tell the world something about your faith in that time frame.
▪ The director(s) and writer(s) of the film/video must be in High School or Junior High at the time of production. The recording and editing of the film/video must be done by people 18 years of age or younger. You can get advice from adults, but the work must be done by people 18 and younger.
▪ People of any age may act and be recorded in the film/video.
▪ Winners will contacted and winning entries will be announced on this website.
▪ You must provide a signed release and your parent or legal guardian must also sign the release.
▪ You must get and keep a signed release from everyone who is featured in your film/video. Download the release form here.
▪ We require all filmmakers to use original or copyright free music for their soundtracks, or to obtain copyright permission. GBOD is not responsible for ensuring that you've obtained all copyright permissions.
▪ All awards must be claimed within three months of receiving the notification via email, after which you will be deemed to have forfeited your prize.
▪ Cash awards of $1,000.00, $500.00 and $250.00 will be given for first, second and third place films respectively. Awards will be given to the group submitting the film/video.
▪ Winners will be selected by a panel of judges determined by the General Board of Discipleship.
▪ By entering the Festival, you agree to accept these rules and agree to be bound by them. You must comply with all rules to be eligible for the award.
▪ While all due care and attention will be exercised, we cannot accept or assume responsibility for damage or loss of materials submitted, either while in possession by GBOD and/or its staff, or while on route through the mail or internet.
▪ GBOD reserves the right to disqualify any submissions for gratuitous profanity/violence, or discrimination to race/gender at the sole discretion of the reviewers.
▪ By submitting your film/video, you are granting GBOD a non-exclusive license to retain an archive copy of your production for the non-profit purposes of exhibition, promotion, and education through the internet and other means of display.
By submitting your film(s) or video(s) to us, you understand that they/it may be shown in a public venue and/or distributed on the web, and possibly available for download freely.
▪ By submitting your film(s) or video(s) you, the filmmaker, acknowledge that you have taken the necessary steps to comply with the Fair Use Guidelines For Educational Multimedia and that all sources, musical and otherwise, are adequately credited in your credits.
▪ Got Questions? Email us at InSight@GBOD.org